Monday, June 23, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I haven't posted in a long time because I can never, ever remember to take pictures. So I'm just going to post a couple of recipes without pictures because they're really, really good! This one my friend brought over when I had my twins, and I love it so much. There's a lot of similar recipes out there, but this one is really good.

1 small package white corn tortillas (I usually use 20 tortillas)
1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
14 oz. salsa
1 c. cheddar, grated
Toppings (see below)

Combine soup, sour cream, and salsa; spread a little on bottom of 9x13 pan and set remainder aside. Cut tortillas into 1" strips; line bottom of pan. Layer with chicken, sauce, and cheese; repeat. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. To serve, top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, etc.

No comments: