Friday, May 25, 2007

Pineapple Coconut Almost Heaven Cake


1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding
2 c. cold milk
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 (12 oz) tub cool whip (I only used 8 oz)
1 (7 oz) pkg flaked coconut (I only used half)
Make cake as directed in 13x9 pan. When cake comes out of oven, prick all over with a fork and pour pineapple and juice over warm cake. Blend pudding with milk, beat and add cream cheese until smooth. Spread on cake. Top with Cool Whip. Sprinkle with coconut.
I had never tried this before but my mom and sister LOVE it -- so I made it for the missionaries and now I have a whole pan leftover. Anyone for a taste? It's very resfreshing for the summer.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

YUMMY!! So, I made the cake tonight and we took it to some friends' house - they LOVED it too! Asked for the recipe, even. Thanks again!

PS - Doug liked it - which says A LOT. Usually if it doesn't have chocolate - he wants nothing to do with it.

Kate said...

This looks so good, Kal - I can't wait to try it!

Kallie said...

okay -- ry made me this for my birthday and i liked it so much more with toasted coconut instead of just plain. just browned it in a bit of butter in a skillet. yum yum!