Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Impossible Pumpkin Pie

I know this is nothing new to a lot of people, but I have discovered it in the past couple of years and love to make it year round since I LOVE a cold pumpkin pie if it's summer OR winter, but making the crust somehow discourages me from making it often #1: because crusts are easy for me to mess up and #2: because it's just more fat.

3/4 c sugar

1/2 c Bisquick baking mix

2 T butter or margarine

1 can evaporated milk

2 eggs

1 can (16 oz) pumpkin

2 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice ( I didn't have this so I used equal portions of cinnamon, cloves and ginger to equal 2 1/2 t.

2 t vanilla

Beat all ingredients until smooth. 1 min in blender or 2 min with beater. (I tried the beater, but it left lumps so I used my hand blender afterwards and all was okay.) Pour into pan (9 or 10"). Bake at 375 for longer than an hour ('til the center is set). Cool and serve.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thanks, Kallie. I going shopping tomorrow, and I am for SURE getting some pumpkin to make this!